To add multiple nodes to a Proxmox VE cluster from the command line, you can use the “pvecm” command. Here are the basic steps:
- Install Proxmox VE on each additional node that you want to add to the cluster.
- Ensure that all nodes in the cluster have the same version of Proxmox VE installed.
- On the first node of the cluster, open a terminal and run the following command to create a new cluster:
pvecm create <cluster_name>
- On each additional node, open a terminal and run the following command to join the node to the cluster:
pvecm add <cluster_name> <first_node_ip>
- Check the cluster status on the first node by running the following command:
- Once all nodes have been added, check the cluster status to ensure that all nodes are connected and healthy.
Note: It is also recommended to have a dedicated network interface for clustering communication and also be sure that all nodes have the same time and timezone set.